Sunday 7 September 2014

intro blog


So, first post on this blogger contraption...

...yep.

My name is Anh, a indoor kind of guy who mostly plays video games in my spare time.

I play guitar and the electric bass, and sometimes write short stories out of extreme boredom or passion. Usually the boredom reason at most times.

Not too much more to it that I can think of right now.

In response to the The Key to Success, Grit, and how it relates to me personally...

I can agree that perseverance and the ability to learn from losses can get you a long way. When I find myself stuck at a certain point in a game and lose, I would rage for a minute or two then figure out what I did wrong. Then I return to the last save data and try to prepare for the challenge from last time, and take another whack at the event.

Even if that attempt fails, reload last save, prepare even more so than the previous attempt, and try to power through it. And even if the third try fails, try again with a different kind of attitude to it. In the end, the more you try, the bigger satisfaction it becomes. And once you're through, you'll never have to deal with that stupid boss again.

But there are times when quest requirement tells you've need to do something five times over and over again, which makes you cringe slightly in pain.

The same mindset can be extremely successful if applied properly in real life situations. This tactic can get you pretty far in life if you're able to.

Might even beat the beat the dumb game after a while.



1 comment:

  1. Anh, good work getting this task done on time. I can't say that I completely understand your sense of humour; I suspect it is an acquired taste. I don't understand why it says "stupid impossible quiz" at the end of your post. This seems very random and negative. Perhaps it could be removed.
    I know that there is much more to you than you reveal in this introduction. I am prepared to put in the time to find out.
    It seems that you understand the message behind the video. I like your comparison to the perseverance required in video games.
    Here are some technical issues for your to correct:
    1. you are important, so the pronoun "I" is always a capital, you have several instances of "i"
    2. "stuck at a certain progress" doesn't make sense, perhaps you mean "stuck at a certain level" or "unable to make progress"
    3. add "Then I..." in from of return to
    4. "prepare what I wasn't ready for" also does not make sense, perhaps you mean "repair"
    5, the sentence starting "Until some quest..." is very confusing. I don;t understand it enough to suggest corrections.

    ReplyDelete